Login Register Donate

Poll: How do you find 15.11 Beta UnifL release?
Best set so far!
Good, some small issues.
Medium, some issues, but working.
Bad, barely works.
Not working at all.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Release: Catalyst 15.11 Beta UnifL
Catalyst 15.11 Beta UnifL is now online!

Original [ Blog Post ].

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Changelog:

- Includes AMD Graphic Driver (ver. 11/03/2015, 15.201.1151.1007).
- Includes Intel HD Graphics (Legacy, ver. 8.15.10.2900).
- Includes Intel HD Graphics (Modern, ver. 9.17.10.4229).
- Includes Intel HD Graphics (Iris, ver. 10.18.10.4276).
- Includes Intel HD Graphics (Iris Pro/ Haswell / Broadwell / Skylake, ver. 20.19.15.4300).
- Includes AMD HDMI audio driver (Win7: 7.12.0.7723, Win8.1: 9.0.0.9909, Win10:10.0.0.01).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leshcat’s Catalyst 15.11 Beta UnifL v1.0 (07.11.2015)

MD5: c41135401278dc34ddf2897b56e845d8

Download Locations: Download Page

Minor Changelog:

New Features:

* Windows 10 Windows Update (WU) drivers should no longer be able to overwrite UnifL drivers.

* Unlocked CCC profiles. You can assign any card to any application
  Please refer to <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://tinyurl.com/lnorz4h">http://tinyurl.com/lnorz4h</a><!-- m --> for more information.

* Unlocked intentionally hidden options in Catalyst Control Center (CCC).

* Intel HD1st Gen + Radeon Mobility 5xxx /6xxxm (rebrands) which experienced blackscreens when launching games have now been fixed. ==> [ Topic ]

Performance improvements:

* DX9 performance fix enabled for all AMD cards.
 Thanks to LeekM for finding this.

* “ForceVideoPlaybackToIntegrated” parameter is set to "1".
 This should improve Intel performance with videos.

* “EnableUlps” parameter was set to “0” for all AMD cards on all OS.
   Keeping this feature disabled (set to “0”) fixes Delayed Startup/BSODS on many laptops as well delivers speedup and certain scenarios.
   As a drawback, laptop consumes more battery.

Bugfixes:

* Enabled “KMD_EnableCrossGpuDisplaySupport” parameter for all AMD devices.
  This parameter fixes: HDMI issues;Black screen on application run;Black screen on screensharing and teamview.

* Microsoft fix applied for all Intel Generations.
  This fix should resolve Standby/wakeup/shutdown issues on many laptops:
  - HP ProBook 4740s, HP Probook 4540s, HP ProBook 4730s, HP Probook 4340s;
  - Variety of Dells, Acers, HP, etc.
 This issue occurs because the AMD driver does not support Runtime Power Management (RTPM), but the Intel driver does support RTPM.
 MS patch fixes this problem.
 Thanks to Castro27 user for finding this fix and Microsoft for fixing it.

Known Issues:

1. AMD bug causing full screen media playback to crash Edge and XAML apps such as Movies & TV.

2. Sony laptops with AMD 6xxx series may have installation issues regardless if its WHQL or UnifL release.

3. Some laptops have the "shutdown via metro/ hybrid shutdown = restart" bug.
Aka:
Quote:On windows 8.1 64 , with activated Fast Startup Option , it leads to a BSOD , sometimes while shutting down,sometimes while starting up.
BSOD Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION atikmpag.sys.
Solution: Switch off the Fast Startup Option.

4. Some laptops may experience a "blackscreen" with a white mouse issue. This is due to the MS fix.

Solution: Search and remove the following DWORDs from your registry:

DisableRTPMSupportForNonCSConfig

Reboot afterwards.

Leshcat's UnifL driver comprehensive manual: [ LINK ]

Attached Files
.txt   hgignore_global.txt (Size: 173 bytes / Downloads: 26)
work fine , except ofc the infamous oc problem (still can't oc using afterburner this )
madnesso Wrote:work fine , except ofc the infamous oc problem (still can't oc using afterburner this )

Have you tried asking in the official Afterburner forums? I personally haven't had contact with them but I am sure they might find a solution.
[Image: btn_donate_SM.gif] Private support
leshcat Wrote:Catalyst 15.11 Beta UnifL is now online!

Known Issues:

1. AMD bug causing full screen media playback to crash Edge and XAML apps such as Movies & TV.

2. Sony laptops with AMD 6xxx series may have installation issues regardless if its WHQL or UnifL release.

Aka:
Quote:On windows 8.1 64 , with activated Fast Startup Option , it leads to a BSOD , sometimes while shutting down,sometimes while starting up.

Does this mean to include Sony VAIO SB series - 6470m series switchable graphics? Anyone tried on SB series models? I don't really wanna go through the nightmare again of updating to Win 10.

Leshcat, is there a roadmap to making it work on VAIO SB series cards? Thanks.
Sony have released some official drivers for Win10 but not for SB series. https://www.sony-asia.com/microsite/supp...index.html

Which hidden options are enabled?
yoppy123 Wrote:

Known Issues:

Aka:

Does this mean to include Sony VAIO SB series - 6470m series switchable graphics? Anyone tried on SB series models? I don't really wanna go through the nightmare again of updating to Win 10.

Leshcat, is there a roadmap to making it work on VAIO SB series cards? Thanks.
Sony have released some official drivers for Win10 but not for SB series. https://www.sony-asia.com/microsite/supp...index.html

You can go smart way with checking win10 and 15.11:
Create VHD drive (20-30GB), and install clean Windows 10 (you can grab iso from MS). Its 30 days trial is more than enough to test the situation. There are millions manuals of how to create VHD disks and install win7/8.1/10 on it. This way you ll have separated oses. In case of failure you can simply delete VHD drive and boot record to it. Your main system wont be harmed.

There is no roadmap currently, sorry.
leshcat Wrote:There is no roadmap currently, sorry.

We are also waiting to see if the new CCC replacement which is coming within the next two weeks can potentially solve this issue.
V_Ghost Wrote:

Which hidden options are enabled?

Hehe, frankly speaking, any option in inf file that starts from "_NA,". Those are the options stand for "Not Available", meaning intentionally hidden from user eyes in CCC. You might see new things in CCC like "color calibration" or "anisotropic level" that were not available before.Unfortunately, "thanks" to software dynamic scheme nature, some models will see that and others - wont. Anyway, i had to include it to changelog to track all the changes between UnifL versions.
Hi

I've just installed This latest drivers and everything seems to be ok
CCC and unlocked profiles Works fine
Even overclocking with afterburner 4.11 Works fine.
WU driver not overwritten and IS still disable

See you
D-Night - Magiss
ZionStreet
Deenight Wrote:Hi

I've just installed This latest drivers and everything seems to be ok
CCC and unlocked profiles Works fine
Even overclocking with afterburner 4.11 Works fine.
WU driver not overwritten and IS still disable

See you

Thank you for the report Deenight!
Hi, I can also report that 15.11 works great so far. Tested on bunch of games (DX9-10, 11, and OpenGL). CCC profiles, brightness - everything!
The only thing, that madnesso already reported, is that we cannot OC with Afterburner.
Could it be because this is a beta, and has some limitations for safety's sake? Or its not normal?
As usual, this Catalyst is working fine, not a single issue and great performance in all games that I've trid. Thank you very much, Leshcat!

About the OC, I'm using EVGA PrecisionX 4.2.1 to overclock my GPU since I upgraded to Windows 10. It's way easier than MSI Afterburner, because you don't need to mess with registry or dlls. I just type the core and memory clocks and apply and done. To confirm that the OC actually worked, I played a 1080p/60fps YT video on Chrome and monitored the clocks with PrecisionX, and the clocks indeed raised (735 MHz core/ 1125 MHz memory).

BTW, I still cannot see Video tab in CCC. Is it gone for good in Windows 10?
this release work well in a HP Pavilion dv7 quadcore edition???

Core i5 2430m (HD3000)
ATI HD6970m XT(6770m rebrand from HP)
Windows 8.1
SSD+HD
It should work.
Smile
My system similary as yours and have no issue but i've upgrade since to win 10.
D-Night - Magiss
ZionStreet
Hi. I have a HP pavillion dv3 4160 with Intel HD 1st gen and ati 5470m. So far i could only use the ati card with version 14.4 in windows 8.1 because since this release the option to switch between cards was removed. Does this release bring this option back?
morphixxx Wrote:Hi. I have a HP pavillion dv3 4160 with Intel HD 1st gen and ati 5470m. So far i could only use the ati card with version 14.4 in windows 8.1 because since this release the option to switch between cards was removed. Does this release bring this option back?

Like all releases past 14.4 this version has forced Dynamic Switching.

This means that your Pavilion DV3 will run in Dynamic Switching mode. Not Fixed Switching mode like on the 14.4 drivers.

For more information on dynamic switching please visit these two pages:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://leshcatlabs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1009">viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1009</a><!-- l -->

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://leshcatlabs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=62">viewtopic.php?f=8&t=62</a><!-- l -->
Okay. installed 20 min ago. Idk why, but when i'm on intel waterfox is blurry and i can't find hidden settings. CCC still don't have missing(video, performance) tabs.
Ferrumlan Wrote:Okay. installed 20 min ago. Idk why, but when i'm on intel waterfox is blurry and i can't find hidden settings. CCC still don't have missing(video, performance) tabs.

You have the same problem as <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://leshcatlabs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1120">viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1120</a><!-- l --> RafaelLVX.

We hope that once AMD replaces CCC this month, the problems will disappear for Dell and Sony.

Please post in that thread. If the new CCC replacement won't fix this issue then we will make a new campaign.
Okay, so I had the official 15.11 driver installed plus the 15.10 Unifl release and it was working fine. But as usual after I restarted my computer I could no longer open CCC. So I just uninstalled everything and installed this Unifl release. Same problem. CCC opened once and I set everything necessary to the dGPU but again I can't open it anymore after restart.

Another problem that I have is Firefox won't use the dGPU. Up until a few days ago everything was working fine but now videos in Firefox start to use 100% CPU all the time and run very slow, even with hardware acceleration enabled in the options page. I checked Firefox's aboutConfusedupport page and the Graphics section says it is using the Intel card and everything is disabled and blocked. Mismatch between registry and DLL. Flash videos that use plugin-container.exe use the dGPU properly and run well but any other video is slow and choppy with 100% CPU usage. Videos are fine in players and in other browsers. Only Firefox has issues.
BSAmd Wrote:Okay, so I had the official 15.11 driver installed plus the 15.10 Unifl release and it was working fine. But as usual after I restarted my computer I could no longer open CCC. So I just uninstalled everything and installed this Unifl release. Same problem. CCC opened once and I set everything necessary to the dGPU but again I can't open it anymore after restart.

Another problem that I have is Firefox won't use the dGPU. Up until a few days ago everything was working fine but now videos in Firefox start to use 100% CPU all the time and run very slow, even with hardware acceleration enabled in the options page. I checked Firefox's aboutConfusedupport page and the Graphics section says it is using the Intel card and everything is disabled and blocked. Mismatch between registry and DLL. Flash videos that use plugin-container.exe use the dGPU properly and run well but any other video is slow and choppy with 100% CPU usage. Videos are fine in players and in other browsers. Only Firefox has issues.

I already replied to the firefox issue in your separate thread. Please check our dedicated Unlocked CCC Profiles how to. Else you will have a bad time.

Not sure what is going on with your CCC. Could it be that your Win install has issues? ... regardless. This problem isn't catalyst version bound for you. Please continue in the dedicated thread.