Login Register Donate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dv6 6172-sf / Windows 10
Hi everybody, 
I'm struggling since 13 days, I have a hp dv6 6172-sf and have been struggling over the forum and threads looking for help but I couldn't get my answer for a decent driver for Windows 10 Pro x64

I have tried everything from installing 16.2.1 to 13.4, no driver could work properly, the only that could get installed but Radeon settings is disappearing is the 14.4

I think I have a 8.15 intel driver but WU installs 9.17 as it's the only one working properly.

Tried few tricks like enable safe mode and installing through the device manager different AMD versions, but as soon as I restart the laptop, I have either the screen shutdown, a black/BSOD/grey screen after logo is showing, of course I tried EnableULPS "0", but none is working.

On the BIOS settings, I have put the dynamic switching pattern rather than fixed, each time it's one fixed, I have a BSOD ( which is normal I think because Windows 10 supports dynamic but not fixed).

I'm trying my last hope with 15.4 Beta & Crimson Radeon 17.8.2, 

Have anybody succeded to install windows 10 with 6770m radeon working ? If yes, please share your steps ( Followed few one from the hero MikeFunny but nothing works, tricks like installing Patchs and Radeon USER1.MOD etc..)

Please help  Heart Heart
(09-07-2017, 10:31 AM)TheVanD Wrote: Hi everybody, 
I'm struggling since 13 days, I have a hp dv6 6172-sf and have been struggling over the forum and threads looking for help but I couldn't get my answer for a decent driver for Windows 10 Pro x64

I have tried everything from installing 16.2.1 to 13.4, no driver could work properly, the only that could get installed but Radeon settings is disappearing is the 14.4

I think I have a 8.15 intel driver but WU installs 9.17 as it's the only one working properly.

Tried few tricks like enable safe mode and installing through the device manager different AMD versions, but as soon as I restart the laptop, I have either the screen shutdown, a black/BSOD/grey screen after logo is showing, of course I tried EnableULPS "0", but none is working.

On the BIOS settings, I have put the dynamic switching pattern rather than fixed, each time it's one fixed, I have a BSOD ( which is normal I think because Windows 10 supports dynamic but not fixed).

I'm trying my last hope with 15.4 Beta & Crimson Radeon 17.8.2, 

Have anybody succeded to install windows 10 with 6770m radeon working ? If yes, please share your steps ( Followed few one from the hero MikeFunny but nothing works, tricks like installing Patchs and Radeon USER1.MOD etc..)

Please help  Heart Heart

The last released official driver for the 6770m is 16.2.1 beta(Crimson) and 15.7.1(Catalyst). As for Intel drivers let it auto update via Windows 10. Perform a clean install, remove every driver before installing using DDU via safe mode.
Confusing What Is Real
Hello, and thank you for answer, Correct me if I'm wrong :

1 ) Uninstall all drivers using DDU on safe mode.
2 ) Install WU intel driver
3 ) Install driver 16.2.1
4 ) Install Catalyst 15.7.1

Is that right ? If it's the case, I get a blackscreen on AMD driver install, I install it on safe mode using device manager, it's detected but Catalyst tabs are missing Sad
No. Why will you install both the drivers for AMD. Select one. And let the driver installation complete. Black screen during installation is normal for a few seconds, may be minutes sometimes. Just wait and let the installation complete.
Confusing What Is Real
When I install or roll back driver, I have a constant black screen and CPU sounds change to higher frequency, last time I left my laptop 6 hours and still black screen.

When I reboot, I have a blue screen at loading, then Windows reinstall WU version.

Screenshot :

http://hpics.li/b9a5c6b
May be your AMD graphics chip got damaged. Check on device manager to find out if there is any error message on your AMD device properties.
Confusing What Is Real
No drivers installed :

http://hpics.li/ee8126a

http://hpics.li/8d6638c
Okay, everything looks normal. Do a clean with DDU and let Windows install the drivers automatically for both Intel and AMD via Windows Update.
Confusing What Is Real