Login Register Donate

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Catalyst 16.2.1 UnifL is now online!
Hi Sergio.

Occasionally I watch the radeon driver threads on guru and they seem like people have headaches with all sorts of other issues.

Personally I would recommend Nvidia 10xx since it is the same chip / card as used in the desktop version. Generally there are much less issues with switching on Nvidia.

If you do go for a new laptop then treat yourself with a 120Hz screen. It makes all the difference for normal usage. Partly why I stayed with my Envy 17 for such a long time.
[Image: btn_donate_SM.gif] Private support
Thanks for the answer, my intention was to choose one of these two notebooks:
https://www.mediaworld.it/mw/mediaworld-...l-i-718319
https://www.mediaworld.it/mw/mediaworld-...l-i-721224

Given the problems encountered with AMD, this time I prefer to bet on Nvidia Smile
That Omen is already out of date. You want go make sure that the laptop has the right USB ports so that you can use an eGPU. This will prolong the life of your laptop. My personal asdvise is that you should research into USB 3.1/ Thunderbolt eGPUs.

Also that Omen has soldered in ram. Not sure if it is the best option. Keep looking Smile .

I liked the EVGA SC17 but am not sure what happened to it.
I know it's not the best, but I have a € 1000 budget, I am not interested in playing 2/4K, the important thing is to play the latest games even at medium / high settings and better at that price I found..
The only thing that interests me is not to have problems switching between the gpu
Hello i have a question and i know this is an old configuration. And i know you Primary Support is Intel + AMD switching.
But please help if you can.
Many user have older Notebooks with switchable AMD + AMD GPUs for example my configuration AMD switchable 4250+6630M
This Notebook is 3 years old. I buy it and after 1 month AMD drop the Support for this configuration.
There arent any newer working dirver for Windows 10.
Please can anybody build any newer drives for this Notebooks. Maybe the old work from dellon132 (LINK: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=372799)
Please help us.
Thank you very much for reading.
If you want more info on the Omen 15 that you picked then you should head over to Notebookreview forums. They have a massive massive thread for the Omen 15. Be sure to read it all. It will list all issues etc.

However if you can obtain a newer laptop for that amount of money with those newer ports then it would be of huge benefit to you further down the line.

Hi pseudodeed.

My best advise: Switch off the iGPU in your laptop and only use the dGPU. If your BIOS doesn't allow for this then try to look for a modded BIOS that has this functional unlocked. Mydigitallife and BIOS-mods are your best bet.
Hello FunkyMike thank you for answering.
I have a modded Bios but i can only deactivate the AMD 6630M GPU. i can not deaktivate the AMD 4250M.
I have test a lot of Driver only an very old Vista Driver with a lot of BUGs is working.
I have a 64 Bit Windows10, 6 Core AMD CPU, 16 GB Ram, SSD and the AMD GPU 4250+6630M switchable. The Botebook is realy good but some things does not work good with this old Driver. The latest dirver is: Driver Date 2012-05-16 File Size: 48.2M Driver Version: 8.930.13.1300 Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices. For example the HDMI does not works correct.

I think this Driver is goob but dont works for me, only works up to AMD 5XXX GPUs. Please can ad anyone the legacy GPUs? Or how can i add legacy GPUs?
http://mahmoudelfar.blogspot.de/2014/12/...river.html

leshcatlabs.net are my last hope to become 1 working Driver for Windows 10 64bit.
(01-17-2017, 07:55 AM)pseudodeed Wrote: Hello FunkyMike thank you for answering.
I have a modded Bios but i can only deactivate the AMD 6630M GPU. i can not deaktivate the AMD 4250M.
I have test a lot of Driver only an very old Vista Driver with a lot of BUGs is working.
I have a 64 Bit Windows10, 6 Core AMD CPU, 16 GB Ram, SSD and the AMD GPU 4250+6630M switchable. The Botebook is realy good but some things does not work good with this old Driver. The latest dirver is: Driver Date 2012-05-16 File Size: 48.2M Driver Version: 8.930.13.1300 Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices. For example the HDMI does not works correct.

I think this Driver is goob but dont works for me, only works up to AMD 5XXX GPUs. Please can ad anyone the legacy GPUs? Or how can i add legacy GPUs?
http://mahmoudelfar.blogspot.de/2014/12/...river.html

leshcatlabs.net are my last hope to become 1 working Driver for Windows 10 64bit.

Hi,

Could you post in a separate topic please and lets take it from there. I suggest you look for other modded drivers or a way to open the advanced settings tab (maybe a hidden key combo). It most certainly should be possible to turn off your iGPU. I won't be able to search for you but I can give you some tips such as looking for the BIOS file name from samsung on modding sites.
4xxx is unfortunately not compatible with 16.2.1 so that will not work. Dellon over on guru3d also has some drivers that might be of interest if you want to follow that route.
I understand thank you for helping. It is enouth to have the last working Driver for AMD 4250M with switschable Option.
The last AMD Driver was non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.11.3-nov8.
I make a new Topic.
Hi.
I'm confused. I downloaded the latest version of UnifL and installed it on Windows 10 Pro x64.
I've got an Intel HD Graphics 520 and AMD Radeon R5 M330.

(I installed the CCC2 to unlock the profile.)

One problem though, I have given everything to the AMD GPU and when I look at AMD System Monitor, NOTHING Not even running photoshop will raise the GPU usage percentage! It just stays at 0%! Why is that? GPU-Z shows this as well.

I even tried disabling the Intel graphics, and even then the AMD usage didn't budge when playing a Full-HD video file in Media Player Classic, CPU Usage reached over 90% and I got this error message:

[Image: 7ue0_untitled.jpg]

I even tried resetting the windows, installed the latest official drivers for intel and AMD graphics, Set an application ("PotPlayer") to run on High-Performance Mode and the GPU is still stuck at 0% when I open Full-HD videos with it.

What Should I do now?  Sad

Thanks So Much.
Good Luck
Hey there,

Our drivers are too old for you.

Install the official drivers and then ontop of that install our CCC2 (via its own executable)

Make sure to install the Dot Net stuff that would normally be installed. (can also be found in the folders)

This will give you the old skool CCC in conjunction with CNext (the new interface). You can use our old interface to assign performance stuffs.
(01-20-2017, 02:33 PM)FunkyMike Wrote: Hey there,

Our drivers are too old for you.

Install the official drivers and then ontop of that install our CCC2 (via its own executable)

Make sure to install the Dot Net stuff that would normally be installed. (can also be found in the folders)

This will give you the old skool CCC in conjunction with CNext (the new interface). You can use our old interface to assign performance stuffs.

Thanks Man, Done that, But notice that my main problem isn't with assigning the apps to the High-Performace Option.
My problem is that when watching AMD System Monitor, NOTHING will raise the GPU usage over 0%. Even when using apps like photoshop which are purely graphical and are set to run on the High-Performace Graphics card.  Sad

Thanks Again.
Good Luck Wink