Login Register Donate

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Catalyst 16.2.1 UnifL is now online!
Catalyst 16.2.1 UnifL is now online!

Original [ Blog Post ].

Major Changelog:
Code:
- Includes AMD Graphic Driver (ver. 02/26/2016, 15.301.1901.0000)
- Includes Intel HD Graphics (Legacy, ver. 8.15.10.2900).
- Includes Intel HD Graphics (Modern, ver. 9.17.10.4229).
- Includes Intel HD Graphics (Iris, ver. 10.18.10.4358).
- Includes Intel HD Graphics (Iris Pro/ Haswell / Broadwell/ Skylake, ver. 20.19.15.4300).
- Includes AMD HDMI audio driver (Win7: 7.12.0.7723, Win8.1: 9.0.0.9910, Win10:10.0.0.02).

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Leshcat’s Catalyst 16.2.1 UnifL v1.0 (30.05.2016)

MD5: 7a14b7c6cd0a3bb670bec7a48268f8a5

Download Locations: Download Page

Minor Changelog:
Code:
Version 1.0:

1. Re-added all "Legacy" cards: 4xxx/5xxx/6xxx/7xxx/8xxx series, including various Desktop variants

2. Added “Legacy” CCC2 into package (from 15.11)

3. “CCC-Next” and “CCC2” profiles are now unlocked

4. DX9 performance fix enabled for all AMD cards:

#HKR,, KMD_APlusISharedMiniSegmentSize, %REG_DWORD%, 0x4000000
#HKR,, KMD_APlusISharedMiniSegmentOptions, %REG_DWORD%, 0x7

Thanks to LeekM for finding this

5. “EnableUlps” parameter is set to “0” for all AMD cards on all OS

Disabling this feature (set to “0”) fixes Delayed Startup/BSODS on many laptops
As a drawback, laptop consumes more battery

NOTE: You can manually trigger ULPS "On" or "Off" via the "extra power settings" in CCC

6. Enabled “KMD_EnableCrossGpuDisplaySupport” parameter for all AMD devices

This parameter fixes:
- HDMI issues;
- Black screen on application run;
- Black screen on screensharing and teamview’ing

7. “PP_SCLKDEEPSLEEPDISABLE” parameter is set to “1” for all AMD cards

8. Elevated driver versions and dates to prevent Windows 10 overwriting UnifL with WU drivers

Known Issues:

1. Sony laptops with AMD 6xxx series may have installation issues regardless if its AMD WHQL or UnifL release

2. Some laptops have the "shutdown via metro/ hybrid shutdown = restart" bug

Solution:
Switch off the “Fast Startup” Option.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Leshcat's UnifL driver comprehensive manual: [ LINK ]
I install this new driver on my HP Pavillion DV6-6091nr. Radeon HD 6770M and Intel HD 30000.

But, Where can I switch between the graphics cards ? When I click with right button on desktop, it showing the AMD Radeon Settings, but I cant find any options to Change the Graphics Cards.

When I Run DXDIAG, it show me Intel HD 3000 Graphic Card.

Sorry, but I dont understand how this new Driver works.
The latest driver provided by HP was workied in a fixed mode.

How can i use this new one ?
I believe this latest release is due to the end of official support the non-GCN-based Radeon cards.

My Dell 15R SE has HD 7730M graphics chip, one of the first to join the new GNC architecture.

I would love to continue support for those who have a graphics chip GNC. The first was launched in 2011, and even with current games get an acceptable performance, such as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

I hope this is not a goodbye, but a see you soon.

Thanks for everything!
Hi guys, just cleaned everything with DDU and installed this release. Everything worked fine for the intel driver, but the AMD installer seems to not understand what it should install, showing just the AMD installation manager and the Microsoft Redist in the installer box... I managed to installa manually the driver and the CCC, but what's wrong with the installer?
Dang, I was so hyped when I saw this post.. But now I don't know if I want to install this driver because I also have HP Pavilion dv6-6b60ew with Radeon HD 6770M and two people already posted problems with their dv6's and this driver... What's going on??
5. “EnableUlps” parameter is set to “0” for all AMD cards on all OS

Disabling this feature (set to “0”) fixes Delayed Startup/BSODS on many laptops
As a drawback, laptop consumes more battery

NOTE: You can manually trigger ULPS "On" or "Off" via the "extra power settings" in CCC

I can't find this option in my ccc. By the way, the drivers seems to be working good! HD 6490M + intel HD 3000
Works fine on dv6 6770m + intel 3000. Deleted both drivers manually then from safe mod deleted rest with DDU, thanks for drivers!
First off, thank you so much for all of your hard work on these drivers. To be honest, I have never gotten it to work on my computer and I have read your entire manual. On dxdiag, my AMD gpu never shows up and I have even set every setting to Performance, yet no matter what I do it seems as though it is stuck on the power saving mode. Please help if you can. I have a hp touchsmart tm2 with a legacy intel card 1000 and an AMD 5450M running on windows 10. Thank you again.
Maybe this is not the right place to ask, but I guess I'm going to ask it here. Feel free to move it to the right place if this is not the right place. My problem right now is that Overwatch is not finding my AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series and instead uses my Intel HD 4000 >.< It does seem that this 16.2.1 UniFL server is using my AMD driver though, I have only tested it inside League of Legends for now.

fyi while installing 16.2.1 I followed the manual: 
Deinstalling AMD > then Intel,
leftovers removed using DDU, AMD > Intel,
then installing Intel > AMD 

Something I noticed:
When installing AMD there was the option for using the new AMD Settings instead of the old CCC so I thought why not figuring the chances of solving my problem on having Overwatch recognize the right GPU. So I have installed Radeon Settings instead of CCC. Anyway, that didn't work, but maybe someone else knows why.

At the very least what I did notice regarding Radeon Settings, it doesn't seem to know there is also an Intel HD 4000 so there's no option to choose which one to use, but I figured that wasn't a big deal at the time. Because I want it to use my AMD card for my games anyway.

Anyway here are my questions regarding Overwatch:
(the obvious main question) Does anyone by any chance know how to get Overwatch recognize my AMD Radeon card? 

I thought about two possible solutions:
1. It might be possible that installing the old CCC through the AMD installation might fix my problem. Do you guys recommend to use the old CCC by any chance? (I'll probably end up trying it anyway to see if it fixes my problem)
2. I noticed there is a \Documents\Overwatch\Settings\Settings_v0.ini and it made me wonder -> if I input the right variables it might recognize my graphics card

These are the variables inside the .ini right now:

[GPU.5]
GPUDeviceID = "358"
GPUName = "Intel® HD Graphics 4000"
GPUScaler = "79.000000"
GPUVenderID = "32902"

And I am looking for something like this I guess, copied the variables from Radeon Settings > System > Hardware > Device ID/Graphics Chipset/Vendor ID, I copied the GPUScaler, but it is probably not the right value nor do I know what it does:

[GPU.5]
GPUDeviceID = "6840"
GPUName = "AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series"
GPUScaler = "79.000000"
GPUVenderID = "1002"

So yeah, for now these are two possible solutions I thought about. I will probably try out installing CCC instead of Radeon Settings (but first deinstalling and reinstalling everything though I guess). My possible second solution, I do not have a clue where I could get the right variables from, because google isn't helping me =(.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask though regarding getting Overwatch to work properly and recognizing the right GPU to use. I hoped the new driver would fix my problem, but it didn't (at least now right now). I hope someone can provide me with good ideas or some tips =).

Also thank you for the hard work regarding these drivers and the older ones Leshcat team =). I should have found these drivers waaaaaayyy earlier, started searching last week when Overwatch was released and I did an impulse buy, but better late then never hehe.
Hi Guys

I have a notebook, HP Pavilion DM4-2155BR, with Switchable Graphics, AMD Radeon HD 6470M + Intel HD Graphics 3000.
At this point, I am using Catalyst Mobility 13.4, but this version is very old.

I wonder if I can use that driver Catalyst 16.2.1 UniFL on my notebook ??

This modified driver offers some increased performance? Especially in games
I would like some tips on how I can install it!!

Waiting for answers
Sorry for my bad english :/
(05-30-2016, 10:51 PM)thecatsintheb Wrote: First off, thank you so much for all of your hard work on these drivers. To be honest, I have never gotten it to work on my computer and I have read your entire manual. On dxdiag, my AMD gpu never shows up and I have even set every setting to Performance, yet no matter what I do it seems as though it is stuck on the power saving mode. Please help if you can. I have a hp touchsmart tm2 with a legacy intel card 1000 and an AMD 5450M running on windows 10.  Thank you again.

dxdiag doesn't prove nor disprove (< see link) that your pc is using the right GPU / Graphics Card. I recommend checking which GPU is used through MSI Afterburner. At least that is how I checked it because it works for me in League of Legends. When you have installed it and are using the: "Default MSI Afterburner v3" skin check on the right side in the "MSI Afterburner Hardware Monitor" which GPU is being used (GPU Usage). For me when I am just browsing it will use GPU2 which is my Intel HD GPU. And when I am gaming it will use GPU1 it will also spike very hard on the timeline so you will notice it when you alt-tab out of your game.

I guess there are other ways to check whether it is using your GPU properly or not but that is the way I do it.

(05-31-2016, 04:59 AM)Marlon18 Wrote: Hi Guys

I have a notebook, HP Pavilion DM4-2155BR, with Switchable Graphics, AMD Radeon HD 6470M + Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Waiting for answers

Did you already read the manual? [ Link ]

The way I did it was first installing v16.2.1 UniFL. Make sure you have clicked set Windows Restore point AND that you have Windows Restore enabled. (google it if you don't know how) Also make sure that you checked the right Intel generation option. I have for example a third generation Intel processor so I needed the modern option Iris/Haswell I think. You can check here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/siu.html which Intel generation processor you are using.

After you have installed v16.2.1 you have to deinstall both your AMD and Intel HD Graphics.
Check the manual if you do not know how: [ Link ]
Make sure to do it in the proper order! Most likely, deinstall AMD first, then your Intel HD Graphics driver (the Intel Graphics Driver program is most likely 74.2 MB, at least mine was)

When your are done doing that, deinstall the AMD and Intel leftovers using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Again check the manual: Cleanup Instructions > To remove Previous Brand/Custom Drivers please refer to this page. Don't forget to use safe mode when using DDU just in case (restart your pc > press F8 repeatably before the Windows Logo reappears > choose safe mode).

And then start the install.bat or install manually in the proper order. Intel first, then AMD, most likely. Unless that is different for you.

I am not quite sure when installing AMD whether you should choose Radeon Settings or Catalyst Control Center, but they would probably both work so choose which one you would like more. Radeon Settings is the newest control program, but it will probably not make you choose if you want to use your AMD Radeon or your Intel HD for which program. It will always make you use AMD Radeon for your games most likely.

Hope that helps out, again read the manual, especially in the case I might have missed something. I also noted some things I wasn't sure how to do it, found UniFL last week after all and figured stuff out from there.

---------------------------

Also I hope anyone has any clues/tips/ideas for Overwatch? :-P
Thank you for the drivers.
They are working flawless on my HP G62, HDMI is finally working without issues.

I removed the previous installation of unifl (15.11) with DDU in safe mode and after that I ran the setup. Everything works fine so far. The only two issues I found so far are that the Cnext (Radeon Settings) crashes sometimes and it seems that OpenCL isn't working correctly. AIDA64 can't find a OpenCL GPU device (Just the intel cpu supports OpenCL 1.2). It would be nice if OpenCL could work with my AMD card again.
HP G62-b25SG with Windows 10 x64ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 and Intel GMA HD (Intel Core i5 460M).
Hardware Upgrades: 8 GB RAM, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (BIOS Mod)
PROBLEMS  - After installing this driver the screen stays Completely RED like the image above. What I can do To correct this ? When I disable ATI Radeon or Intel, The color back to normal.

[Image: xKJ0Sva.jpg]

[Image: krHsYFF.jpg]

After disable Intel or ATI Radeon the screen back to the normal

[Image: UVVAnx2.jpg]
Thanks again for all your hard work! 

I just want to point out that OpenCL seems to be disabled in this driver, even running the SDK errors to -no GPU detected- so I'm guessing it's on driver level. I'm going to revert back to 15.11 for now.

Cheers,

Mordan
(05-30-2016, 07:23 PM)Biz92k Wrote: Hi guys, just cleaned everything with DDU and installed this release. Everything worked fine for the intel driver, but the AMD installer seems to not understand what it should install, showing just the AMD installation manager and the Microsoft Redist in the installer box... I managed to installa manually the driver and the CCC, but what's wrong with the installer?

Please post your devID for your AMD card.

(05-31-2016, 10:40 AM)gambware Wrote: PROBLEMS  - After installing this driver the screen stays Completely RED like the image above. What I can do To correct this ? When I disable ATI Radeon or Intel, The color back to normal.

This shouldn't have anything to do with UnifL. How is the official driver?

(05-31-2016, 11:02 AM)mordan Wrote: Thanks again for all your hard work! 

I just want to point out that OpenCL seems to be disabled in this driver, even running the SDK errors to -no GPU detected- so I'm guessing it's on driver level. I'm going to revert back to 15.11 for now.

Cheers,

Mordan

We are looking into OpenCL but no promises at the moment. How is the official driver? Same issue?
[Image: btn_donate_SM.gif] Private support
(05-31-2016, 09:19 AM)Malakbel Wrote:
(05-30-2016, 10:51 PM)thecatsintheb Wrote: First off, thank you so much for all of your hard work on these drivers. To be honest, I have never gotten it to work on my computer and I have read your entire manual. On dxdiag, my AMD gpu never shows up and I have even set every setting to Performance, yet no matter what I do it seems as though it is stuck on the power saving mode. Please help if you can. I have a hp touchsmart tm2 with a legacy intel card 1000 and an AMD 5450M running on windows 10.  Thank you again.

dxdiag doesn't prove nor disprove (< see link) that your pc is using the right GPU / Graphics Card. I recommend checking which GPU is used through MSI Afterburner. At least that is how I checked it because it works for me in League of Legends. When you have installed it and are using the: "Default MSI Afterburner v3" skin check on the right side in the "MSI Afterburner Hardware Monitor" which GPU is being used (GPU Usage). For me when I am just browsing it will use GPU2 which is my Intel HD GPU. And when I am gaming it will use GPU1 it will also spike very hard on the timeline so you will notice it when you alt-tab out of your game.

I guess there are other ways to check whether it is using your GPU properly or not but that is the way I do it.

Waiting for answers

The way I did it was first installing v16.2.1 UniFL. Make sure you have clicked set Windows Restore point AND that you have Windows Restore enabled. (google it if you don't know how) Also make sure that you checked the right Intel generation option. I have for example a third generation Intel processor so I needed the modern option Iris/Haswell I think. You can check here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/siu.html which Intel generation processor you are using.

After you have installed v16.2.1 you have to deinstall both your AMD and Intel HD Graphics.
Make sure to do it in the proper order! Most likely, deinstall AMD first, then your Intel HD Graphics driver (the Intel Graphics Driver program is most likely 74.2 MB, at least mine was)

When your are done doing that, deinstall the AMD and Intel leftovers using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Again check the manual: Cleanup Instructions > To remove Previous Brand/Custom Drivers please refer to this page. Don't forget to use safe mode when using DDU just in case (restart your pc > press F8 repeatably before the Windows Logo reappears > choose safe mode).

And then start the install.bat or install manually in the proper order. Intel first, then AMD, most likely. Unless that is different for you.

I am not quite sure when installing AMD whether you should choose Radeon Settings or Catalyst Control Center, but they would probably both work so choose which one you would like more. Radeon Settings is the newest control program, but it will probably not make you choose if you want to use your AMD Radeon or your Intel HD for which program. It will always make you use AMD Radeon for your games most likely.

Hope that helps out, again read the manual, especially in the case I might have missed something. I also noted some things I wasn't sure how to do it, found UniFL last week after all and figured stuff out from there.

Thank you for answering

I understood most of what you said, but I have some doubts.

I have to install the Catalyst v16.2.1 after uninstalling AMD and Intel HD drivers?
I can uninstall the AMD and Intel HD drivers from the Windows Device Manager? Or in this case I have to necessarily use the DDU?

Can I install this driver v16.2.1 in the clean installation of Windows 7? I can format my laptop and install this driver?

I would like to continue using the switchable graphics. In this case I must choose which option? Radeon Settings or Catalyst Control Center?

Sorry to ask several questions
(05-31-2016, 02:07 PM)Marlon18 Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 09:19 AM)Malakbel Wrote:

Waiting for answers

Thank you for answering

I understood most of what you said, but I have some doubts.

I have to install the Catalyst v16.2.1 after uninstalling AMD and Intel HD drivers?
I can uninstall the AMD and Intel HD drivers from the Windows Device Manager? Or in this case I have to necessarily use the DDU?

Can I install this driver v16.2.1 in the clean installation of Windows 7? I can format my laptop and install this driver?

I would like to continue using the switchable graphics. In this case I must choose which option? Radeon Settings or Catalyst Control Center?

Sorry to ask several questions

I sent you a private message explaining in Portuguese.
(05-31-2016, 12:11 PM)FunkyMike Wrote:
(05-30-2016, 07:23 PM)Biz92k Wrote: Hi guys, just cleaned everything with DDU and installed this release. Everything worked fine for the intel driver, but the AMD installer seems to not understand what it should install, showing just the AMD installation manager and the Microsoft Redist in the installer box... I managed to installa manually the driver and the CCC, but what's wrong with the installer?

Please post your devID for your AMD card.

(05-31-2016, 10:40 AM)gambware Wrote: PROBLEMS  - After installing this driver the screen stays Completely RED like the image above. What I can do To correct this ? When I disable ATI Radeon or Intel, The color back to normal.

This shouldn't have anything to do with UnifL. How is the official driver?

(05-31-2016, 11:02 AM)mordan Wrote: Thanks again for all your hard work! 

Cheers,

Mordan

We are looking into OpenCL but no promises at the moment. How is the official driver? Same issue?

Ok this problem was solved. I dont Known what happen, but Im use DDU to remove all drivers and install again. The problem was solved. Now Im trying to run Battlefield 4, but it show me the follow error: AMD Driver Stopped Work. And close if you try again a BSOD happen. So I revert all installation of my computer and back to original Driver to do some tests. Thanks
What happened to the option "Configure Switchable Graphics" in this version? Do not exist anymore!

[Image: Image1_Menu.png]
Information 
(05-31-2016, 07:09 PM)ronildo66 Wrote: What happened to the option "Configure Switchable Graphics" in this version? Do not exist anymore!

[Image: Image1_Menu.png]

Open Radeon Settings -> click preferences (at the bottom) -> click Radeon additional settings